The Real Time Effects Reporting displays changes/effects of AudioEye’s Custom and Smart remediations as they are applied to the page.
How to Use
- Open Chrome's DevTools at the Elements Panel using "Command + Option + C" on Mac or "Control + Shift + C" on Windows
- Go to the Remediation Tools panel
- While in the Smart Remediation Builder at the toolbar, click on the  icon
- Reload the page to see the real time effects populate
Note: Reload the page to view effects from the beginning, otherwise only changes going forward will populate the report.
Filter By Element (Drop down)
- Off (default): Displays changes in all elements for the entire page.
- Selected: Shows changes for specific element. To view, in either Elements or Page, inspect a specific element to see changes made by AudioEye’s Remediations.
- Selected and Children: Shows changes for specific element as well as changes for element’s children/ancestors. In either Elements or Page, inspect a specific element to see changes made for elements and everything after it.
Show Transient (Checkbox)
The Real Time Effects report can pick up subtle transient changes made by the site.
By default, this noise is excluded from the report, but checking off Show Transient displays those minute non-essential changes.
Users can also view the Effects Report for these non-essential changes.
The type of remediation used; there are two types:
Custom: A Remediation written by an AudioEye Implementation Developer
Smart: A smart remediation made for the page. This tracks AudioEye's Auto Smart Remediation as well as remediations created by a user using the Smart Remediation Builder.
Note: The report will always list the remediations as they come in. Custom will be first followed by Smart.
Name of the remediation used.
Note: The names for Smart are clickable, but they are taken to a minified code block. The specific code used is not discernible for these types of remediations.
Specific element affected by a remediation. Can be clicked to inspect element within Elements Panel or with Page.
Shortened description of remediation’s effect on element.
Click on to open an Effects Detail page.
Effects Details Report
Expands on the remediation’s effect description to fully describe how the element was changed by the remediation.
Details what the element was before and then after the remediation.
Clickable button that highlights element within Elements Panel or within Page.
Raw Description of Effect
The full version of the effect’s description.
For most instances, an attribute change is applied to elements. In those cases, report will detail the After of the change. Element has become New Value. Report details what the element was before change. Element attribute was originally unset or did not exist, for example.
In other cases, the report details if something was removed entirely like an HTML element.
Effect Caused By
Specifically details which remediation caused the effect.